Sunday, May 9, 2010

Controlled Chaos


Actually, it looked worse about a week ago. But I'm making progress. Unfortunately, we're going to have a bit of a cold snap tonight (39F) so that means the container that I planted yesterday with the mandevilla and other plants will have to come inside. I'll have to wrestle it indoors with the trellis attached and everything. I'll also have to bring inside all of the little nursery pots of annuals that I have not yet gotten into containers. I hope that after this week, we'll be in the clear, temperature-wise.

Almost all of my plant shopping is done, with the exception of a few fillers here and there. I had many perennials return from last year but there are some gaping holes in certain arrangements where I had used annuals as companion plants.

I'm pleased to report that, as of last weekend, my local Lowe's had a fantastic selection of annuals, perennials, shrubs, vegetables, and herbs. I was so impressed. The big box stores are getting better and better every year.

I'll be back to planting next weekend after the cold snap and the forecasted rains pass.

Bookshelf: Container Gardening Books

2 comments:

Louise @ Buddy Garden said...

Your deck is looking good! I went and bought some annuals over the weekend and hoping to plant them in a couple of weeks. The weather in NY is still a little unstable, we had a frost warning last night. The plants are in a tray so I can bring them in when it's too cold out.

Mary C. said...

Looking good!