Sunday, July 11, 2010

Then and Now

It's time for a "before" and "after" post.  You may recall the chaos on my deck in early May.  Right now, everything looks pretty good.  It's been pretty warm in northern Virginia lately so I give my plants a good soaking very early in the morning.  And then in the evening, I give the smaller pots a second drink.  I have only had one casualty since my initial planting, some new kind of fern that was supposed to be able to tolerate full sun--I really should have known better.  Overall though, I'm very pleased with how it has all turned out.  See below.

3 comments:

Chamomilla said...

Beautiful garden, Miriam. Must be a real pleasure to just sit and relax among your leafy friends.

Mary C. said...

Oh it looks so nice! I love all the different shades of green you have mixed together there! And it's all so lush... *envy* How many years have you been growing your deck garden?

I hope you submit this to the LOTB blog carnival for this month.

Miriam said...

Mary C: Thanks for your comment. To answer your question, I've had my deck garden for nearly 8 years. The early years, of course, it wasn't quite so lush and I was still learning about growing plants in containers. I had quite a few casualties early on. I learn a little bit more with each season. --Miriam