Sunday, June 16, 2013

Something Old and Something New


Erodium 'Sweetheart'
 Let's reverse the order.  First:  The "Something New."  This is called Erodium 'Sweetheart."  Erodium is also commonly known as Heron's Bill.  There are a lot of reasons why it's so great and you should have it.  It blooms late spring to fall.  Already I'm sold.  It thrives in full to partial sun and it's hardy to zone 6, so in most places, it's going to come back.  Yay!  The blooms are tiny and pretty, and the plant is just the right size to squeeze into those nooks, edges, and corners of a container where not much else will fit.


'Quietness'

Now for the "Something Old."  You've seen this here before but it keeps getting better every season.  This rose is called "Quietness" and I bought it a couple of years ago online from the Antique Rose Emporium.  It bloomed like crazy this spring and the fragrance was amazing.  Had I known it would climb so well, I would have planted it with a trellis.  Instead, I've had to use stakes after the fact.  It's probably about 5 feet tall now and is branching all over the place.  I love it.  You will too.

Bookshelf:  Container Gardening Books

No comments: