Sunday, June 10, 2012

A Sample Harvest

Sample harvest
Here's a small sampling of the sorts of things I am growing this year in my container garden:
Early stage bell pepper
It's getting hot so the snap peas and lettuce are near their end for now--they are cool weather crops.  But I've gotten my money's worth from those seeds because we've eaten lots of salad this spring.  I will plant more seeds in September and, if the winter is anything like last year, I'll be able to harvest until December. 

I have also planted the following:
  • Carrots
  • Red Bell Pepper
  • Tomatillo
  • Serrano pepper
  • Italian Parsley
  • Bay Leaf
Cascadia Bush snap pea
Obviously, if I had more space, and if I were willing to sacrifice more of my flowers, I'd be able to grow more food.  But the reason I'm writing this post is to demonstrate that you don't need much space at all.  Even if you only have a few pots, you can grow some lettuce, or strawberries, or a selection of herbs that you use the most. 



No comments: