Wednesday, May 14, 2008

First Big Shopping Trip


The rains have been relentless since Thursday. There was a little break in the clouds on Sunday so I made a quick trip to the nursery thinking I might be able to check a few things off of my shopping list. Once I arrived, I had to move quickly because it looked like the sky was going to open up any minute. Thank goodness I had a list otherwise I would have been distracted by the endless selection. If you are a gardener in Northern Virginia and you have never been to Merrifield Garden Center (the one on Lee Highway in particular), you need to drop everything, get in your car and go. But don't say I didn't warn you. As for me, I was fortunate on Sunday that the weather was begining to turn sour again because it caused me to cut my trip short so I got out of there with only one shopping cart full of plants. I did start to do a little planting today because we got another reprieve from the rain so I will be posting those pictures next time.

1 comment:

jamesd3rd said...

Man...are these going to replace any plants or are they going to be additions?

I think it would cool if you converted the picture above your welcome statement to a link that enlarges like the other pics so people can get a full appreciation of all the plants around you.

You should get a shot of you with all the plants around you (the bigger thicker ones anyway)and you peering out over the top or in from in between wearing a safari helmet. You might have to kind of kneel down or something to give the illusion that you're in deep brush.